Utah Chapters - 1998
In the spring of 1998, the State Research committee sent a survey
to all chapters. The summary below shows the demographic portion
of that survey.
Demographics of Utah Chapters - 2011 Survey Needed?
- Of 24 Chapters, 14 returned the surveys (58% response.)
- 184 members completed the survey - some responses included
more than one category.
Several chapters had majority of membership working in the same
setting (e.g. high school).
- 116 work in elementary education (63%)
- 8 work in pre-schools (4%)
- 28 work in jr. high/ middle schools (15%)
- 35 work in high schools (19%)
- 15 work in colleges/universitys (8%)
- 7 work in district offices (4%)
- Degrees held:
- 43% have Bachelors or Bachelors+ degrees
- 51% have Masters degrees
- 5% have Ph.D. or Ed.D. degrees
- 2 members are registered nurses working in schools
- 178 members answered the question about being employed or retired.
- 67% are actively working in the schools
- 33% are retired
- 171 members reported the number of years they had been employed
by school districts.
- The range was from 6 to 40 years!
- Most of our membership have been teaching from 20 to 23 years
- 160 members answered the question about the number of years they
have been members of Delta Kappa Gamma:
- 43% have been members from 1 to 7 years
- 12% joined during the past year. Congratulations to our
- 19% have been members 23-45 years
- 18% have belong to a chapter from 8 to 14 years
- 19% have been members from 15 to 22 years
- Members reported that they had graduated from the following
- 71 from U of U
- 33 from BYU
- 42 from USU
- 8 from SUU
- 32 from WSU
- 9 from Westminster
- 45 from other universities across the US
- 1 from Canada
- 1 from Switzerland
The 1997-99 State Research Committee consisted of:
- Dr. Gayle Richards, Chair
- Dr. Jeanette Misaka
- Dr. Deborah Young
Updated November 12, 2010