2. Alpha Tau State Founders' Scholarship
This scholarship fund has been established to develop and encourage advanced educational opportunities for Delta Kappa Gamma members in Alpha Tau State. There is at least one scholarship of $1000 available annually. The number and amount can vary according to the balance in the fund and the established need.
qualify, the applicant must:
a. Be an active member in good standing of Delta Kappa Gamma. First consideration will be given to members of two years or more.
b. Use the scholarship for graduate level work in an approved institution for higher learning.
c. Must provide evidence of actual participation and leadership at the chapter and/or state levels.
d. Meet reasonable standards as far as general health, personality scholarship, and professional services are concerned.
3. May B. Leasure
This grant-in-aid was established to develop and encourage educational opportunities for Delta Kappa Gamma members and other eligible persons. There is at least one scholarship of $300 available annually. The amount and number can vary according to the balance in the fund and the established need.
Criteria for determining
a. The applicant need not be a member of Delta Kappa Gamma; however, first consideration will be given to members of Delta Kappa Gamma or families of Delta Kappa Gamma members.
b. Grant-in-Aid is available for outstanding high school graduates entering teacher preparation programs, for college students completing their preparation, or for non-members returning to the profession.
c. The grant-in-aid will be available to a person pursuing a post secondary degree in the teaching profession.
d. Applicants must meet reasonable standards relating to general heath, personality, professional and/or community services as well as demonstrate excellence in scholarship.
e. Sex, race, or religion will not affect the awarding of this grant-in-aid.
f. Two letters of recommendation are required, one academic and one character reference.
To obtain applications for the Alpha Tau Founders' Scholarship or the May B. Leasure Grant-in-Aid contact the State Scholarship Chairman, Cathy Graden , 122 Loganberry Lane, Rehoboth, DE 19971-9528 Phone: 302-227-9153 E-mail: email@example.com
In addition to scholarships the Society provides the following:
• Educator's Award—Presented to the author(s)
of a book which may influence future directions of education.
The author(s) must be a woman from a country in which Delta
Kappa Gamma is established.
• World Fellowship Fund—Provides opportunities for women educators to study in colleges and universities in the United States and Canada. Begun in 1960, the fund has provided grants to 581 women from 101 countries.
• Eunah Temple Holden Leadership Fund—Promotes special leadership development projects.
• Emergency Fund—Gives assistance to members who sustain losses from natural disasters.
• Golden Gift Fund—Provides for leadership/ management seminars; for special stipends to members attending international meetings; for special stipends to research and offer alternatives to problems common to educators and/or education; and for pre-convention workshops to address member needs.
• International Speakers Fund—Assists with travel expenses incurred by speakers who address gatherings in member countries other than their own.